Thursday, May 11, 2006

Beyond the valley of the mannequin heads

I now have an etsy store featuring two sad little headbands that no one wants. *mope* I think people are afraid of the wool. Also my pictures suck proverbial ass. I blame the bald styrofoam head. The hairbands would look much more hairband-like if they were displayed on a head with hair. I am opposed to putting myself in any pictures and too lazy/cheap to hire a model, so I set out on tuesday in search of a better hat head. After wandering around in the grueling heat for hours, I choked and came home with 2 slighty more retro looking styrofoam heads...also bald.

Eventually I turned to Ebay and perused pages and pages of manky looking mannequin heads and other limbs (many of which, were frighteningly referred to as 'sexy') until I found this vintage looking beauty.




The condition seems to be fine- although it was listed as 'used'.




I'm not sure what it was about this particular head that appealed to me; the long cockroach coloured (real human) hair, the waxy skin, the giant painted-on eyelashes.

Eventually I realized that I dig this head because she/it looks like a character straight out of the greatest movie ever made; Russ Meyers' Beyond the Valley of the Dolls

Excitingly, I have won the auction and lost my Ebay virginity. All I have to do is the payment thing and wait and in reference to the film, I shall call her Carrie Nation!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home