Friday, November 28, 2008

November spawned a monster

Wow, it's been almost 2 months since I've posted. To be honest I've been depressed, but I won't really go into it. Hopefully things will start to look up in the next week or so but if not... well I guess I'm well on my way to achieving my goal of being a crazy cat lady. (clogs not included). I wonder if I can find someone to deliver gin, cigarettes, cat food and lottery tickets. If so, then I am set.

But until then I am too sad to even go yarn shopping.

I have been knitting, but that's about it. I made this Briar Rose Bolero for Michelle's wedding, which happened back in happier days. Sadly I have no clear pictures from the wedding because Useless the camera could not handle the "mood lighting"



The yarn was Sublime Cashmere Merino Silk DK. Really nice to work with but shows every single mistake and tension issue. In the future I'll just use nubble-y tweed yarn for everything since it hides a myriad of sins.



Here is an artistic and murky shot of me in the fancy dress I bought for said wedding. This was actually the first fancy dress I've ever bought that is not made of vinyl or PVC. This dress is poly-satin. It has a bow on it. I am a princess.




I was feeling sad so I made a versatility. It's a really fun knit, and even though bobbles scare me, I decided to just go for it because they are kind of funny. This was a good stashbuster. I used about 800 yards of yarn held double- one of which was a mohair blend from Wellington fibres that I have been sitting on (not literally) for a year and a half.
I've decided just to wear this as a scarf and go without buttons because really, as a shrug it looks kind of.... lumpy.

I am also making a brown scarf. A boring brown scarf. It is a gift. I don't like brown and I don't like scarves. This scarf makes me sad. I have 1 more month to finish it. I'm now about 1 third of the way through, so if I knit 1 inch a day I can dzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Sorry, even talking about the scarf puts me to sleep. I'll spare you from seeing the boring boring picturezzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz sorry...sorry, I'm awake.




Oh and I was sad so I made mittens. I was thinking they could be a gift but they came out pretty small- I don't know anyone with hands as small as mine (well anyone who I would give mittens to) so they are for me I guess. That makes me feel a little happy.

The pattern is Traditional Newfoundland mittens revisited and they were fun to make, a great stashbuster and as warm as a friendly cod and a bottle of Screech on a frigid day....

2 Comments:

At November 28, 2008, Blogger Sonia Brock said...

http://www.soniabrock.com/web-scripts/72-depression.htm

 
At December 03, 2008, Blogger jacquieblackman said...

Two months is a long time! But the parade of FOs is worth it.

Not sure what to say about the depression... except that I think it's going around? Maybe depression is viral and the medical community just hasn't figured it out. I'm going to stick with that theory... while I wear my tinfoil hat.

Maybe we could be two parts of one CCL. I've got the clogs!

As a side note, my word verification for my comment is "hacat." Blogger plays cruel, cruel jokes!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home