Wednesday, May 28, 2008

On se parle pas du desparation




Pinky the Sweater is almost done. The tension sucks and the seaming looks like hell but it was a choice between hellacious seaming or a knitting basket full of badly knit sweater pieces languishing for eternity. There is no way I would actually reuse this yarn ever ever ever again ever, so frogging was not an option. I probably won't wear it to any knitting related events due to the embarrassing sewing job(the reason I am so disappointed with the seaming is that this is the sort of thing I should be able to do effortlessy due to my background in millinary. Me and the mattress stitch are best buds, or so I thought).

It's actually blocking at the moment and I still need to figure out how to close it. The pattern calls for a zipper, but I couldn't find one even close to the colour and I want to have the option to wear the sweater open. I could dye a zipper, but that involves more work, and I am so over this sweater. So I will either put two gianormous buttons at the neck with an elastic loop, or do 2 ties with big pompoms...although I'm not really feeling the i-cord love, or maybe some subtle hooks. I think the gianormous buttons are going to win. The gianormous buttons always win.



I've been unenthused about my other knitting projects (a whole bunch of dead purple socks of despair, the burgundy mohair sweater of tedium) So I cast on the 2 tone ribbed shrug from Fitted Knits, in Classic Elite- Waterspun. This is yarn from my ex-roommate's ex-stash. I have another hank in grey so I am debating whether or not to do it 2-tone, since I'm sure I don't have enough grey to do the entire ribbing. We'll see. In any case I am trying to use up the stash yarn and the stash is diminishing since I keep giving yarn to my mother.




This will probably make my rack look huge....if I ever finish it.

In other news, I am very depressed. I am in a big freaking rut. Une grosse trou de la desparation. I would go into more detail but I think the "higher ups" at work are having their minions stalk me on the internets. In other more or less unrelated but maybe a bit related news, I had to write an impromtu french test yesterday and pretty much tanked it. I haven't conjugated a verb on paper in 16 years or so. It was a real confidence crusher. I am therefore, trying to brush up on, refresh, ameliorate etc... my french and so have changed my morning routine of watching Maury, Montel and the O.C. to Radio Canada (french CBC). I like "Pyramid" its a game show, oh and there is this cooking show that I also like. There was this woman on today talking about cookies/snack cookies and rating some of the "low fat" ones, and she was saying that it "feels good" to eat small things out of a tiny bag. I concur. C'est interessant, non?

In other news, I went out this morning to get a doughnut and when I came back I noticed that the "8" key on my laptop had detached. I tried to fix it, but one of the little plastic things has snapped, so I've had to use tape. Man, I wish it was 2009.

2 Comments:

At May 28, 2008, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sorry to hear you are under the weather... I you ever feel like speaking French around "une tasse de café", just let me know on Ravelry (Vero) and I would be more than happy to chat and see you!!!! :-)
Prends bien soin de toi,
Véro ;-)

 
At June 03, 2008, Blogger Yvette said...

Thanks for the nice comment on my new top and its colour. I actually thought of you while knitting it - your fondness for "dead" purple. i think this purple is, if not dead, at least very past its prime.
I sympathize with your rut. Moi aussi. We should drink in together and fill our respective ruts with alcohol.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home