Monday, March 17, 2008

stuff

Update.



No, it's not a Monkey, it's a Fawkes. 1 sock down, 1 to go. Well I am actually halfway through the second sock, so hopefully I'll get it done by the March 31st Sockdown deadline. It's got an Eye of Partridge heel that is also a band heel, cause I roll like that. I'm worried I won't finish it in time, then again it's actually pretty good transit knitting. It's sort of mindless, but has a complicated but not too complicated stitch pattern to keep me interested.

Actually, I was knitting these on my way home from work one night and this middle aged man in a big turban moved from across the car to sit beside me and ask me all about what I was doing. then he started to tell me about some sort of embroidery technique or something, maybe crochet. I couldn't really understand him but it was pleasant all the same. Unfortunately I had to get off at the next stop so I never did figure out exactly what he was talking about.



Oh yeah... the socks. The socks are tiny but they seem to fit my feets just fine.


Moving to another topic...



Last Saturday or maybe it was the Saturday before that, the weather was clement so I decided to go for a walk in High Park. there was snow. I went to the Zoo. There were animals... I think these are llamas. There were also *legions of wretched children running around

*not pictured






Yay, Mountain goat... and snow



Some sort of tiny white deer....and snow



trees... and snow.



more trees... and *snow and sky.

*not pictured



more snow




Socks in their natural habitat...and snow







these socks are the compete opposite of the other socks and are going to be gianormous... even though I'm making the smallest size


EDIT: The socks, they are finished. They are comfy but I'm not in love. They are rather large and make my ankles look fat. Also this yarn (Premier yarns: Eco) is split-y as heck. I'm also not sure how in love I am with the pattern or the two-at-a-time sock method in general. It seemed like it would take forever to make these socks. I just kept slogging on and on. I do think that if I had been doing these socks one-at-a-time, I never would have finished them. I just can't do a plain sock. I don't have the patience. I am going to try the two at a time thing again, but with a more interesting pattern.



Do these socks make my feet look fat?

Speaking of socks, I have just cast on Leyburn socks, using Knitpicks: Palette in Clematis Heather. They are toe up so I am going to knit until I run out of yarn. Yay, Knee socks.

In other news, I have come down with this plague thing that is going around. It is pretty much kicking my ass. I have a fridge full of groceries going bad because I have no appetite and even if I did, I can't taste much. Tomorrow I plan to make a big veggie and fish stew/soup thing to use every thing up and then stick it in the freezer. Hmm perhaps I'd better invest in more tupperware when I go to the store for more drugs.

Oh, and I got my hair cut yesterday. It's the same only maybe a little shorter. Nathaniel (my hair guy) was amazed at how fast my hair grew since my last visit 6 weeks ago (probably about an inch). He was also amazed at how well my hair colour lasted. Yay world's more Aveda expensive conditioner. Which interestingly costs twice as much in the store than online. Doh!. In any case, I have booked my next appointment for 4 weeks from now so that I don't feel tempted to cut my own bangs.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home