Thursday, May 25, 2006

der pullover ist flauschig

I decided to test drive the pink fluffy thing at the wednesday night SnB. As I was getting ready, I realized that it violated on important rule of knitting, the don't knit a pink fluffy cropped thing to wear over the biggest part of your body rule. However, I thought that the knitting meet up would be the perfect place to try it out because I knew I would get some good advice from some of the more seasoned knitters. I was thinking I may need to add another inch or two of ribbing at the bottom to make it look less like a bright pink boob stripe. When I arrived at the Second Cup, I was greeted with lots of 'I can't believe you aren't wearing some sort of knitted headgear' type comments. I then peeled off my jean jacket to reveal the fluffyness underneath and got lots of 'oohs' and 'ahhhs' and 'it's perfect, don't change a thing' type reponses. I was advised not to make a matching headband or if I do, to not under any circumstances wear them at the same time. I'm inclined to agree. So now I am wondering what to do with the extra skein of yarn. I could bring it back to the store but it's so soft I just can't bear to.

I also got more oohs and ahhs when I can out of the washroom wearing my not quite finished greeny/brown capelet. I AM THE CAPELET QUEEN!!!

and speaking of cute and fluffy..



I borrowed the photo from this site

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home