Sunday, June 18, 2006

drunken knitting

Last Wednesday I scrambled to get a knitting project togther (besides the pink sock of pain and loathing; which is currently on hiatus) and actually managed to get my ass up to Davisville (aka the ends of the earth) for the weekly SnB. My attendance has been nil for the past few weeks due to my having to finish some stupid design work and more importantly because I am a sloth who sometimes doesn't want to leave her hood. So after the endless TTC voyage (even a walk-inista such as myself, is not going to walk to Davisville from Parkdale) I arrive in Toronto North, (well it's north at least as far as I'm concerned) get to the cafe, and immediately see Sophie standing there in all her sock knitting glory. This was exciting because I haven't seen her since the TTC knit-a-long. (note to self, I must remember to get my casein dpn from her at some point.)

I had decided to wear the capelet of many dinge-y colours




and received many compliments. In fact, people were still talking about pink fluffy the capelet which I had worn several weeks ago.
So, knitting happened although I didn't manage to get much done on the hat I was attempting to design, however Sophie invited me to the Friday night Knitting Olympics monthly get- together at the Spotted Dick. So, when friday night rolled around, I got a different knitting project together (definitely not a pink sock) and walked from Parkdale to Bloor and Yonge. It took a while. Upon entering the pub I made a beeline towards the long table of happy and somewhat tipsy knitters and sat with Sophie, Sandi Purl, and Jacquie. Sophie was working on socks for a change *cough cough*, Jacquie was knitting a pretty top (actually 2 pretty tops) and Sandi...well I'm not sure exactly what Sandi was working on but I know it will be fabulous.

For my project, I decided to do some personal knitting and use up some yarn in the ol' stash and make yet another capelet. Unfortunately I don't think I'm going to have enough of this particular yarn, which is discontinued so I am going to do the ribbing at the bottom in a contrasting yarn and maybe do something really twee like a matching bow.




Jacquie feels that it may be time for me to start knitting something else. I also think I need to find a new pattern. Although I wish I had designed this one. It's so pretty and I can knit them fairly quickly.

Anyway, a whole lot of drinking and a whole lot of knitting happened.
Check out team canada for more on the subject.

Also,

I already mentioned this to some people at the Dick.
It's my birthday. Well it will be on tuesday..or wednesday, not sure which, too lazy to check. I'm not really down with the whole aging process, so in the spirit of clinging to my fading youth and denying the fact that I will be one year closer to the embrace of the eternal nothingness, I want to dance like it's 1984.




Saturday June 24, 2006
PANIC - the ultimate retro party
with a NIN/Bauhaus After Party
with a Flashback Alternatives backroom
Funhaus - 526 Queen St West
10pm-4am 19+ event
Free before 11pm ONLY $5 after

I'm cheap, so I will most likely be there before 11:00.
*edit I will most likely be there by or around 11:00. I am being taken to see Cirque du Soleil which ends at 10:00.

If I know you, feel free to join for revellery and such. If I don't know you, please stop stalking me ;)

4 Comments:

At June 18, 2006, Blogger Yvette said...

Hi you! It was so great to meet you on Friday. Happy Birthday and I hope to see you again soon.

 
At June 18, 2006, Blogger Needle Addict said...

I'm not sure if this will actually get back to you, but it was great to meet you too Yvette. I had a lot of fun talking to you and I've had 'She Bop' running through my head ever since. ;)

 
At June 19, 2006, Blogger Sandi Purl said...

hey there! was much fun to hang with u at the knitted dick. i attempted to knit a baby bootie (failed) and then i started a pair of cotton armwarmer-sweat-band-thingies for the gym. which turned out to be too big! more vino por favor! not!
have an awesome birthday!
p.s. where can i find the pattern for them cute caplets? i love 'em!
p.p.s. beware of boys in fleece!

 
At June 19, 2006, Blogger Sophia said...

*stares at ceiling and whistles, studiously not mentioning needleaddict's proclivity for knitting one thing over and over*
Sincerely, the kettle.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home