Thursday, May 25, 2006

bulk barn

So I am still waiting to receive Carrie Nation in the mail. I fear she has been stopped at the border and is being subjected to a neck cavity search. Perhaps she will arrive tomorrow.




In other news, I had a dream last night that I was knitting this capelet while wearing it. I woke up and was worried that I'd lost the needles since I couldn't feel them but didn't realize that I had actually gone to sleep in a T-shirt as opposed to an unfinished knitting project. this is why one shouldn't knit right before going to sleep.

Speaking of the capelet, I decided to undo the inch of ribbing I had started at the bottom and add another inch or so of stockinette, since the only thing worse than wearing a pink fluffy boobstripe is wearing a bulky brown one.





You can't really tell from the photo, but I managed to drop a stitch about halfway down. It's strange because it sort of starts out of nowhere. I must have done it when I ran a cord through the stitches to try it on. I'm not really sure how I'm going to deal with this situation but it will probably involve a crochet hook and some swearing.




Also, while in the store, I thought the yarn was khaki but it actually seems to be a chocolate brown. I'm not sure how I feel about that. I try not to wear brown because I equate brown with being a hippy. Not that I could ever look like a hippy with my sassy, red, Velma from Scooby Doo haircut. Actually I'm fairly sure Velma would wear brown and lots of it. Jinkies!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home