Friday, March 02, 2007

Usual bout of laziness

I have been remiss in my posting duties, mostly due to the despair of looking for a non-horrible job (no luck yet). In the mean time, I did manage to finish a few projects. Some of you may remember me working on a 'corset belt' from the Happy hooker book.




Hey, it looks suspiciously like mittens!!

Finally I just wasn't feeling the belt. In addition to enhancing my posterior region in a distressing manner, it was too big and I didn't have quite enough yarn. So I frogged the thing (not an easy task with Lamb's pride) and made these mittens using the power of crochet.



Hey, it's a scarf...and it's ribbed!!!

I have been working on this scarf for months and months (well it felt like months and months) and feared that it would never be finished. To date, I have only completed 3 scarve (all of which were ribbed) I actually I find the thought of knitting a garter stitch scarf almost as depressing as the thought of wearing a garter stitch scarf. Actually I find the thought of knitting any scarf, a little depressing... but not too depressing cause knitting is fun!!! The interesting thing about this yarn (Lang: Tosca mohair) is that the silver stripes look lavender in daylight.



Hey, it's an armwarmer and I made it!!

I finally found a project for the sad and neglected ball of Manos del Uruguay that I've been neglecting...sadly, where the results A) do not look vomitrotious and B) are learning me some new knitting techniques (the wild and exciting world of cables, who knew?) It's not as difficult as I thought. Well, it did take me three tries before realizing that the chart should be read right to left instead of left to right. The varigation of the yarn obscures the cables a little, which isn't necessarily a bad thing for my first time out. I also feel quite virtuous as I am trying to use up the small mountain of yarn I've accumulated. Well, the mountain is not actually that big, but it was a little pricey considering my current financial state.


Speaking of mountains of yarn, the sweater is still not finished. In fact, it had to be partially frogged due to the fact that after finishing the fronts and back and pinning the pieces together, I realized that the thing was embarassingly cropped. I most definately won't have enough yarn for this and will therefore have to break my yarn fast. I plan to go on a Mission yarn finding mission this afternoon before heading off to work at the wretched call center, however I am not optimistic that I will be able to get any in the same colour (let alone same dye-lot) which will force me break my not ordering yarn on-line rule (in addition to breaking my yarn fast).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home