Wednesday, December 24, 2008

and that's how Skeletor saved Christmas

The Christmas knitting is for the most part finished, with the exception of the neverending scarf of malaise. I will finish that tonight as we watch the best Christmas special ever"




Here are some mittens that I knit. I think the black ones I made for myself are nicer but you cant fight city hall



Here are some presents that I wrapped. They look slightly better than last year's presents, but thats not saying much. For some reason even though I am a designer and have made many nice looking props and a full Edwardian dress out of paper, I am unable to wrap a present to save my life- so hopefully it will never come to that. There are several explanations for why I suck at wrapping presents. I think I have some sort of existential despair about present wrapping and presents in general. ie: "Why bother wrapping presents as the paper and presents will end up being thrown onto the alter of emptiness. We are surrounded by a miasma of decay, futility and nothingness. There is no absence of void... Oh merry christmas"
Also there is the ecological aspect. This year I went green and used reusable gift bags and tissue paper which can be mulched and recycled into a nutritious breakfast cereal... the sparkles add fibre. Mmmm. In any case, this year's batch of presents are superior to last year's because this year's presents are not wrapped in old newspaper and brown paper lunch bags with names and cheery greetings applied with a black sharpie (tm). I win at Christmas.


I am now procrastinating. I need to tidy up a bit and then head over to Yonge and Eglinton for cookie baking and spritzer drinking, and of course tomorrow the highlight of the season-

the kitschmas tree.



I may not be able to wrap presents but I can carve an angel out of cheese.



In other news




Michelle is back from Mexico, she picked up lots of souvenirs

and by the way this is a retaliation for this post


Happy holidays. :)

Edit: I am swearing because blogger ate half my entry

4 Comments:

At December 24, 2008, Blogger kokopuff said...

Omg. You are too funny! Miasma of decay! Nutritious breakfast cereal! I hope you do copy writing as part of your design life - if not, your talents are definitely underutilized.

PS. I love the mittens. And I really really love the pickle tree. I have no idea how I got this far in life without one, without ever having even seen one...I am totally inspired.

 
At December 27, 2008, Blogger jacquieblackman said...

All I want for Christmas is an angel carved out of cheeeeeeeese!

Happy holidays, lady!!

 
At January 01, 2009, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just came across your blog through jumping about through various links on Ravelry, Just wanted to say your pickle tree looks awesome, wow I have never seen one before but it looks delious :)

 
At January 10, 2009, Blogger Not An Artist said...

HOW did I not see this before now. I have re-subscribed to your blog; now I will never miss another post.

ps: I totally stole that pic of me & Presley. I'm sending it to all my family and telling them we adopted over the holidays.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home