Saturday, April 10, 2010

Merci mais je ne veux pas partir en votre voyage de culpabilite...

As usual I have been remiss in my posting duties. I should be posting fantastic adventures and non-blurry photographs... I'm still working on that- at least in my mind. As usual I am feeling overwhelmed and crushed by my monotonous day-to-day life. I think telephones should be a privilege not a right and I have horrible revenge fantasies involving retirees and phone cords... and am still trying to figure out how to say "thank you but I would rather not go on your F&$*ing Guilt trip" in French. (Merci mais je ne veux pas partir en votre voyage de culpabilite...calise?") but I digress....


This colour is a bit of an anomaly for me. The yarn was a trade and the shawl was a gift. That's my story and I'm sticking to it. Ishbel in Kraemer Yarns Saucon Sock

I have been knitting as usual and I am trying to work my way through the stash one skein at a time. Really compared to some I've seen, my stash is quite understated, miniscule, practically non-existent. In fact I should go yarn shopping right now. Small stash aside, there are good and bad points to having a stash. On one hand I have a whole bunch of "inspiration" just waiting for the perfect pattern, on the other hand I may have the perfect pattern but no suitable yarn, yet I feel I must knit from my stash instead of aquiring the perfect yarn because of the guilt. (please note: Yarn Guilt is not to be confused with the F&$*ing Guilt trip) Also a large portion of my stash yarn is purple, specifically "dead" purple. Which is all well and good, but sometimes it's nice to knit something in another colour and by "another colour" I don't mean grey or alpine green- which are pretty much the only 2 other colours in my stash.


Seen above: Haruni in Fantastic Knitting Zephyr Laceweight, Travelling Woman in Knitpicks Palette, Multnomah in Estelle Arequipa

Like many others in the knitting world I have gone shawl crazy. I have turned my back on sock knitting for the time being as hand knit socks do not really fit into my business casual work clothing style. Well, perhaps they fit with the style but they don't fit into the shoes. Small "shawlettes" on the other hand- are perfect as they not only keep me warm in my air conditioned office, but they add a small, controlled dose of colour to my primarily black wardrobe and most importantly they draw the eye away from the cat hair.



one of these things is not like the other. Seen above: Clothide in Estelle Arequipa, Ishbel in Malabrigo Lace weight, Damson in Malabrigo Sock, and Heartland lace shawl in Knitpicks Palette

I am now working on Andrea's Shawl which is a bit of a departure for me as it isn't purple or grey (well at least not completely grey) and then there are the stripes. It sort of reminds me of a Victorian Bordello or Annie Oakley's underthings. Not sure if I will ever wear it, but it is allowing me to use up some odd balls and leftovers. Plus if it proves to be too ostentatious for the office, I can turn it into a cherry lampshade.




Andrea's Shawl in Knitpicks Essentials and Estelle Arequipa

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home