Saturday, September 04, 2010

Sweaters....

I'm rather embarrassed that I haven't updated this since May! Although truth be told that last post was created right before the "yarn" hit the fan at work. Everything went explode-y for a while and things have sort of finally calmed down.... sort of. I got promoted and a few months later, actually got a raise for my troubles which will enable me to either pay off my debt a little sooner or buy more yarn. I am leaning toward the 2nd option.

I have been using my time wisely but be warned - this video contains violence towards knitting. It also contains a song by the *Yeah Yeah Yeahs





*please don't sue me, I give credit where credit is due. Plus I am cute.

In other news have been knitting. Oh how I have been knitting. I finally finished this sweater







I have been knitting this sweater for over a year. I was trying to get rid of some Wool of the Andes that had been languishing in my stash for far to long and for some reason, decided on this sweater. It was a fairly interesting knit and has some interesting construction details in the sleeve area. I wasn't crazy about the gaping neckline though so I extended the ribbing at the neckline. Actually I am not sure why I initially decided on this sweater in the first place... I may have been drunk at the time. But I digress.

I sewed a big button and a snap at the neck and wore the sweater to work on Friday but it just wasn't falling right. Problem solved as I am now <3ing this Annie Adams shawl pin. It's pewter and completely awesome.





I have a couple more sweaters and shawls on the go but am too lazy to take "in progess" photos of everything.

One of the current sweaters is the Marigold sweater from the late summer/early fall edition of Interweave Knits. I am worried it may end up being a bit big for me, but I seem to have lost all sense of size. I don't know. I can say with absolute certainty that it is too big for the cat.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home