Sunday, September 19, 2010

It is Saturday and I should be cleaning. I really should be cleaning. And I will clean. I really will clean... after this update. Due to general slothiness and an ass-kicking cold the week before last, my place is even shamblier than usual...and I plan to address this. I really do. There is a problem however, as I think my cold has come back. I wonder if it is not a cold, but in fact an allergy to house work. My theory may have some flaws though, as I usually start feeling plague-y at work. Perhaps I actually have an allergy to work or an allergy to the people I work with.

In any case, due to this recurring plague I may bail on Nuit Blanche tonight. Even though I promised some workmates I would go and one of the "zones" is literally outside my apartment door...well truthfully it is literally across the street and one block east from my apartment door, which I guess means that one of the "zones" is figuratively outside my apartment door. But I digress. I think I will bail as I can't afford to stay out all night and become even sicker.

In the meantime.

I have been knitting...in a non-enthusiastic manner. Perhaps this is because I am unhappy in my life or maybe my problem is that I have too many long term projects on the go- and not enough instant gratification.

In theory this



should be a "Wheeeee! This is so much fun, I can't wait to finish it and wear it" project. The pattern is the Gothic Revival shawl and I am enjoying knitting it, however the yarn: Dream in Color Starry- is dyeing my hands black as I knit, which eliminates this as a "Knit in public" project. I am also worried about wearing it for the same reason but hopefully I'll be able to rinse all the dye out. I know dark coloured yarns have a tendency to bleed a bit, but after working with this yarn for a few minutes I look more like a mechanic than a knitter. I'll be honest, I'm not too impressed considering how much this yarn costs.

I have also been working on the Fountainhead Shawl



for several months however this is also a knit at home project as the yarn is so fine that I need full concentration. A dropped stitch could cause the project to explode...figuratively.

I am also still working on the sweater from the last post, and another sweater that I am too lazy to take pictures of and an ugly sock. Perhaps I could finish the sock, but then I would have to make another. Maybe I'll just take a nap.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home